Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blog #1

Hi, my name is Brittany Mitchell. I moved down to South Alabama from Trussville, Alabama, where I lived my whole life with my grandparents. After graduating from Hewitt-Trussville High School, I attended the University of Alabama at Birmingham, which I found too small. After searching for what seemed like forever, I found the perfect school for me. The University of South Alabama, which offers an AMAZING education program.

I chose education because I love being around kids and seeing the excitement on their faces after accomplishing something they though they never would. Children have always been a part of my life through teaching Sunday school classes and teaching swim lessons at the local YMCA. I currently spend most of my afternoons during the week helping a six-year-old with her home-school work load.

I also enjoy interior design. I rearrange my room and re-paint at least twice a year. I love all the different fabrics, colors, and styles.

1 comment: